Our Philosophy & Goals
Our goal and desire at Bowen Road Day School (BRDS) is to provide a high quality Early Childhood Program for the young children enrolled. Developmental programs are specially tailored for all age groups (18 months – 10 years), in order to offer fun yet challenging learning experiences.
BRDS recognizes that children are unique individuals. All aspects of their growth follow a pattern, but all development is at the individual’s own rate. Children learn best through play. Therefore, our task is to provide an environment and curriculum, which are developmentally appropriate for young children, yet flexible enough to meet each individual’s needs. This type of setting will provide opportunities for children to develop to their full potential physically, socially, emotionally, and intellectually.
- Encourage and build each child’s imagination and creativity
- Provide a curriculum that is developmentally age appropriate
- Instill a greater sense of self-worth and encourage self-confidence
- Provide activities and an environment to encourage social development
- Each child is guided with positive reinforcement in all activities
- Encourage parent involvement