A professionally trained teaching staff provides a well-rounded developmental program. BRDS utilizes the “Whole Language/Thematic” approach to Early Childhood Education. Each day, time is allotted for whole group activities, essential routines, and related services. BRDS’s program provides a setting for learning in keeping each child’s age and developmental stage, maturity, size, needs, and capabilities. This allows for a wide span of developmental levels, which exists in any group.
To provide such a setting, the approach to teaching is informal and yet individual. This includes a wide range of materials arranged into interest centers providing each child a variety of experiences and opportunities for freedom of choice. Each child is encouraged to discover and develop individual skills and interests while participating in the BRDS program.
- Toddlers 18-24 months
- Exploration and interaction
- Age appropriate toys and equipment
- Fulfillment of basic needs and nurturing
- Cognitive & Language Development
- Older Twos – Young Three
- Initial thinking and problem-solving exercises
- Self help skills
- Sensory perception (Shapes and colors)
- Communication skills development
- Pre-K Older Threes – Fours
- BRDS offers a unique 3-step level of growth for Pre-K advancement. As a child matures and successfully conquers the skills at a certain level they graduate to a higher level of learning in the same areas.
- Communication and Socialization skills
- Emotional development
- Specialized arts and crafts
- Number and letter recognition
- Physical health and movement
- Language, reading & writing readiness
- Small & large muscle development
- Logical thinking
To find out more information please complete the pre-enrollment form, or call
(817)275-1291 for more information.